Monday, September 27, 2010

Distraction!

Do you ever get distracted? Me too! OMG are we twins? Anyway, I am going to interrupt this series to show off what I did this weekend, which consequently, was not what I was supposed to be doing.
From Stuff I Have Painted

Players and fans of Warmachine may recognize this color scheme immediately, because I stole it from the Retribution of Scyrah. But I am getting a little ahead of myself.

What happened was Deke and I were talking about color schemes for my Black Templar. I was thinking maybe I wanted to do something other than black and white. As a matter of fact I was just going to have a lot of white. Having never painted white as a majority color, I began flipping through the various books and magazines I have on hand. I was looking to brush up on various painting guides for painting white. One of the first places I looked was the Retribution of Scyrah forces book. As I was looking through their tutorials I kept being struck with how striking the colors could look on a fire warrior.

Next thing I knew, and after laying pavers all day Saturday, my marine was off to the side, and one of my countless fire warriors had taken his place in line.
From Stuff I Have Painted
From Stuff I Have Painted


The guides from the Forces of Warmachine books are really good, and clear. As a matter of fact I have been buying all the "Forces of" books to build a library of good painting guides as nearly all the major colors are covered between all their factions. Though the tinting of the metallics in the Ret book included verbiage like "drop". And my drops and their drops were different, since my base coats came out a lot darker. I a can do a lot better with some practice on shading the white for future models. I will finish a squad in these colors and add it my existing hunter cadre. I don't really care if they are a different color, maybe Commander K' Apow had to call in some reserves?

Thanks for reading,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment