Sunday, November 29, 2009

Injury Report

We took a crack at painting with little avail. I have another session of physical therapy tomorrow morning and I am hoping that he will possess some sort of magic that fixes my neck so I get to work on my friggin' banshess.

A little of the beaten path for what we got going here thus far, as it is a project blog, and I can't do much of the projects I was working on, my project has become firing up a D&D game here in Spokane. By game I mean, Travis and his wife have gracefully decided to learn how to play, which is nice...it will keep me sane.

I started playing D&D when I was seven and never looked back. 22 years later it is still a big passion of mine. Like most of my diversions, sometimes I am way into it, and other times months can go by without me throwing a d20. I decided to grab something new-to-me for this round of dalliance. Also, since Travis and his wife have never played before, it was going to be new to all of us.

Anyway, I grabbed the 4th Edition Forgotten Realms setting since Travis was somewhat familiar and Kathy had played Baldur's Gate. I was pretty surprised to see that they had kind of turned the world on its ear. The whole Spellplague thing is pretty cool, and I don't hate on any attempts to change things up. I am just curious if they wrote it happening? I remember really enjoying the Avatar Trilogy and liking that I could see the effects that the books had on the game world.

We are going to run the adventure in the beginning of the book for now. So everyone can get into the new setting, including myself. I will give a holler here occasionally and report how it is going.

I would ask if any of the folks who subject themselves to my nonsense are aware of any novels covering Cyric killing Mystra and the efforts to imprison Cyric afterwards to post in the comments what their names are. I would love the chance to read them.

Thanks for reading,

T

No comments:

Post a Comment