Thursday, October 6, 2011

Alaitoc Storm Guardian

From Mars' Project Blog
I needed a break from power armor. I have always loved the Guardian models, specifically Storm Guardians. Back when you could run Black Guardians, Storm Guardians were pretty cool. Now they have been kind of clown shoes in a lot of my games. None the less, I dig them, and so I have them, and I thought I would throw some paint down on them. I went for Alaitoc because it is a very painter-friendly color scheme. The yellow and bone spot-colors against that dark blue work well for catching the eye. I also friggin love the Ranger/Pathfinder models, and they are kind of Alaitoc's thing. Lastly, I will probably use this force in an upcoming team tournament army in January, and Alaitoc is the Craftworld that seems to intermingle with the other races the most. Anyway, butterfly that I am, I am sure I will be flitting back and forth between this, AoBR, and whatever the hell else I feel like. Here are some closer pics of the finished "test model". Sadly, my sealing coat left him looking really grainy. That is pretty much the nail in the coffin for GW's Purity Seal for me. I will stick with Testors.
From Mars' Project Blog
From Mars' Project Blog

2 comments:

  1. OoooOOOOoooo A fancy pants new skin and space elves prancing nimbly across your table! Someone fetch me the weather report...

    As always nice paint job, the bone is very well done. I don't know about those yellow boot buckles but hey, who knows - maybe they hijacked a barge full of ski boots on its way to Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the "boott buckles" are supposed to be ribbons. I was trying to bring the spot color into the lowest third of the model with it, thought maybe I should have used the bone color.

    Thanks for the feedback Tallarn!

    ReplyDelete