Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Belsbeth's Surface Is Nearly Mapped!

All that remains for Belsbeth is the blasted out area known as "The Ravage", which will consist of seven tiles and the hive city Bloodholm. I finished the last of the temperate tiles last night and tried to make the last seven better able to sit in between the specific desert tiles and the others.

From Stuff I Have Painted
From Stuff I Have Painted


I used some of the green water on these tiles, as that was unique to a few of the desert tiles. I can't wait to put the various sections together Friday night and see the surface of the continent as a whole.

I also started cracking away at some of the included structures last night. I had some very grand aspirations for these little guys, but sadly time ran out. That is not to say that I am unhappy with how they look, it is just one of those things where I would have liked to have done more.

From Stuff I Have Painted


Instead of the ol' dry-brush treatment I was really hoping to line high-light these. Time is always a factor, and it won out here. I may well go back and bring out the highest points after the campaign is concluded, but for now I have a lot of structures to go, and a few tiles, and every thing has to be ready to rock by Friday night.

I should mention that I played in a tournament in Couer d' Alene, ID, hosted here. It was fun and I had a great time meeting new people. The weird part is how unremarkable it was to me as a tournament though. It could be my record of two draws and a loss, though my loss was a monumental ass kicking the likes of which I cannot recall being handed to me in my entire time playing 40k. It could also be because the two lists I played in the first two rounds while not similar, had enough in common to all blur together (Yay for two lash princes twice in a row!). There was also some weirdness about how the first round ended. Anyway, it wasn't a bad experience in the slightest,and the tournament organizer made a gallant effort for his first one in a very long time. But it lacked something for me, or maybe it was something in me that was not "kicked on" that day. I dunno. Also, it was 15 bucks for three rounds, which left kind of a nasty taste in my mouth. Good news was my buddy Travis won.

Lastly, my buddy Deke tells me that his first miniature is kicking ass and they got a little love on TTGN yesterday. If you read this blog and like half naked anime chics with weird Pokemon looking things hanging out with them, this line is the thing for you. Check it out here!

Thanks for reading,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment