Monday, October 19, 2009

It's on!

There it is, the surface of Belsbeth. Starting today it will be riddled with battle, hopefuuly. It is nice to have the project complete. I only have 5 areas to show off because my 6th player, who is running Space Marines, has not yet given me any flags or buildings. So, as of now, he holds nothing! I am pretty sure he will get them to me this week and I can take pics then.

Salamander's turf:
From Stuff I Have Painted


Some of the bug's turf:
From Stuff I Have Painted


The Sister's stomping grounds:
From Stuff I Have Painted


The Daemon's land:
From Stuff I Have Painted


Tau turf:
From Stuff I Have Painted


The, as of yet, unclaimed Hive City Bloodholm:
From Stuff I Have Painted


The temperate regions of the planet's surface:
From Stuff I Have Painted


The desert and The Ravage:
From Stuff I Have Painted


Close-up of The Ravage:
From Stuff I Have Painted


Very pleased with the way the map turned out, but I already find myself wishing I had more tiles. The overall visual appeal and tactile sense of the map are extremly rewarding. We tacked on a lot of house rules here and here and decided to use the stratagems suggested at the GW site. We will see how it all plays out, but if nothing else, it gives a couple guys a good reason to get together and play some Warhammer 40K.

My mind is already shooting off into crazy directions with what to do for the next one. However I need to focus up, or rather refocus on my Tau. I primed some pathfinders last night so presumably they will be the next to get paint. I really want to do a suit- crisis or stealth- but decided to get back in the grove of detail, as compared to the en masse stlye of the tiles, on some fairly cool and simple models. Hopefully I can have some pics of them up soon.

Thanks for reading,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment