Friday, August 5, 2011

My Assault on Assault on Black Reach Part 5

From Mars' Project Blog
BONE DONE! Little excited about this...obviously. The complete build was a Dheneb Stone base, wash with Gryphonne Sepia, another wash in the recesses with Ogryn Flesh, reclaimed the major areas of the model with a mix of Bleached Bone and Dheneb Stone (50/50), a line highlight of Bleached Bone, and finally a very thin line highlight of Skull White. In all it was a time consuming process, but I think the final result was worth it. Good thing I would only have to use this color build on a small selection of models if I pressed forward with this army past the AoBR set.
From Mars' Project Blog
From Mars' Project Blog


Lastly, I decided to give a go at the crackling-energy effect on a power weapon.
From Mars' Project Blog
I have a long way to go, but I think I got the basics down so I am hoping they will look a little better the more I do. Practice makes perfect and all that.

Thanks for reading,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment