Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tzeentch Models Underway

I have declared from now until the end of February Tzeentch Month. Technically Tzeentch Month has like 34 days, but hey, he's the Lord of Change, it's all crazy. I have set two goals for myself, on attainable and one a wish list.

Attainable Goal
5 Horrors with command.
6 Screamers.

My wish list is the Attainable Goal + 3 Flamers.

I kicked Tzeentch month off by basing the stuff I have, I still need 3 screamers but that will have to wait a few weeks.
From Mars' Project Blog
From Mars' Project Blog
Sorry about crap picture of Screamers, dunno what was happening there...

When I am easing into a project I tend to hunt-and-peck a little. Doing a little bit here and there on everything. I also started building the bases for 10 Bloodletters, but they aren't Tzeentch, so they get no coverage!

This multi-project thing works out pretty well, especially when you are base coating and shading with washes. I find that I don't do well waiting for paint to dry, even if I am standing over it with a hair dryer. Instead I will slop a coat on, as is the case for the Horrors, then work on something else. In the case of the horrors that is just the first of probably three coats I will need for good coverage.

Speaking of Horrors, I have been doing some step-by-step photography for them. I will be doing a few posts showing how I did them. It will be a kind of, "Here is what I did to paint mine," thing. Keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for reading,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment